Thursday, February 5, 2009

Time to file!


















Checklist:
  • W2's 
  • 1098-T (Tuition Statement)
  • 1099-R (401K, pensions, retirement...)
  • 1098-E (School loan interest)
  • 1098 Mortgage Interests Statement
  • Bank interests statements
Looks like I have all the required documents for filing our income tax return. I used to file my own return for the past 12 years but this year, I won't bother doing it because it's a little different. Well not really-I'm filing with a spouse :).  I haven't done this at all and I'm not going to try this year bc I have so many things to think of and do first. Mention pregnancy as the top priority hehe. 

I called my mom and asked how much her accountant charges for joint filers. She said last year was $60. Not bad! because I know HR block could charge for $100+. We're feeling the recession right now and every penny counts to us :) so told mom to call me when they're going to file their returns. 

hah! minus one burden on my shoulder. 10 more to go......sort of!

1 comment:

  1. yes yes! god bless moms what could we ever do without them?! hehehehehe just kidding!

    ReplyDelete

Anong say mo?